How to Get Rid of Hackers on Your Computer/Phone
Hacking is a serious problem. Hacking can result in users losing their personal data, which can lead to financial loss and identity theft. This can take many years to correct. Users aren’t the only ones at risk. Cybercriminals often hack websites and web apps, so every website is a target.
Hackers target websites
Websites that handle sensitive information such as social security numbers or credit card details are obvious targets. Cybercriminals can also use small websites that do not collect or transact user data. Take this example:
- Malware: Hackers could take control of your website and make it an attack vector for viruses and spyware.
- SEO spamTo modifies or creates pages for the spammer’s purposes, malicious software is installed on your website.
- Zombie: Your website is part of a botnet that launches distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
If you have your website hacked, and it is being used for any of these purposes, then you will be in the unfortunate position of being both a victim AND a perpetrator.
How Hackers Compromise Websites
Hackers seek out vulnerabilities that allow them to gain access to websites and modify it to their advantage. 5 Common vulnerabilities are
- Login credentials are not strong/default: Websites that use easy-to-guess administrative credentials or default settings make it easy to hacker the “front door.”
- Software that is out of date or not updated: Hackers can exploit known vulnerabilities if you don’t keep your CMS, server, and plugins current.
- Code injection: Websites that do not use secure data input or output handling methods are susceptible to hackers injecting (“injecting”) malicious codes.
- Cross-site scripting across-site scripting, also known as XSS is similar to code injection but it targets visitors to the website rather than the site.
- DNS spoofing is also known as DNS poisoning when you are not at your best, it can be a disaster.DNS servers if they aren’t secured managed, hackers can introduce incorrect result records into the DNS resolver’s cache. This could cause traffic to the site’s website to be diverted to another computer.
Here are 5 tips to protect your website
These five tips will help protect your website from being hacked.
- Change your login passwords often.
- Update your CMS version and any plugins.
- Plan website backups.
- Monitor continuously.
- Keep up-to-date with the most recent cyber crime information.
Comodo can be used to monitor your website and eliminate hackers
Comodo cWatch Managed Security Service that delivers for web applications and websites is called:
- Firewall for managed web applications
It is available on all web servers and acts as an inspection point for customers to filter embedded content.malicious website code
- Cyber Security Operation 24/7 and SIEM Threat Detection
Advanced technology is used by certified experts to speed up the resolution of security issues.
- Real Content Delivery Network
Caching at a global Data Center speeds up web content delivery to meet spikes in traffic, improve performance, and provide web security.
- Daily Malware and Vulnerability Scans
Monitors website and sends daily reports.
- Instant Malware Removal and Website Hacking Repair
This tool will identify and remove malicious software from your website and provide an in-depth report that highlights areas that need attention.
- Complete Blacklist Removal
Your website will be removed from any blacklistsOnce scanning is complete, all malware has been removed.
- Protect against Bots and DDoS
TracksLegitimate website users so that you don’t have to wait for pages or irritating CAPTCHAs.