Keep an eye on website content changes
Website security protects websites, web applications, and web servers from a variety of hacking attacks. Website protection software that is reliable and effective will monitor your website for changes and identify malware. It will also offer immediate protective and preventive measures to help protect your website from any future attacks.
It is important to monitor website changes because any significant change to your website’s contents will give search engines a reason for concern about how they treat your website. Website owners should be aware of any changes made to their website. Some changes could hurt your website and pose a threat to its security. A data breach can result in the loss of important website visitor data, confidential business data, or other critical details such as credit card and debit card numbers, passwords, login details, passwords, etc.
Your website is the backbone of your company. If it is not accessible or infected by a virus, your business will suffer a significant loss. Your website may not only suffer from a loss of sales or brand reputation but also malicious changes that could have unexpected consequences for your business. New and improved website security tools are constantly being developed for the IT and business sectors. With the negative impact brought about by website changes, it thus becomes a necessity for you to be aware of what is happening in your website as this knowledge is essential in guaranteeing a website’s security and health. As web security and other application tools continue to evolve, you’ll need to choose and install a reliable security program that can prevent hacks and make necessary changes to your website. Comodo, a cybersecurity firm, has developed cWatch Web as a web security tool.
What is Comodo cWatch Web and what are its benefits?
Comodo cWatch Web, a Managed Security Service for web applications and websites, is available from Comodo. This security tool is powered by innovative analytics-driven technology. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).The process that can analyze event data in real-time and provide security intelligence for rapid incident responses, early detections of breaches and threats, and log management. The SIEM combines data from over 85 million endpoints, 100 million valid domains, and then merges it with contextual information about users, threats, and vulnerabilities to allow it to be first examined. From there, actionable insights can be generated. The SIEM is considered the heart of web security.SIEMAlerts are sent to the Cyber Security Operation Center team to detect and mitigate threats before they occur. This allows them to respond faster to attacks.
- Performs activity detection and baselining to detect any changes in behavior related to hosts, users, apps, and other areas of the network
- For easier investigation, all major threats and incidents are tracked. Links to supporting data and contexts are provided.
- Performs flow and event data searches in streaming mode, or on a historic basis
- Instant event normalization, correlation, and compliance reporting are possible.
- Examine and detect malware embedded within applications
Below are some other layers of protection Comodo cWatch offers for your website:
Comodo Web Application Firewall (WAF)
Comodo WAF protects web applications and websites from advanced attacks like SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, and Denial-of-Service. The WAF is combined with malware scanning, vulnerability scanning, and automatic virtual patching and hardening engines.
- Websites are protected from malicious bots and brute-force attacks
- Protects account registration forms, login pages, and against different attack vectors. Also protects from application denizen of service, web scraping, and reconnaissance
- All websites under management receive updates of virtual patches. If they are made public, an instant response is provided to allow you to apply a patch to protect yourself from zero-day attacks.
- Protects vulnerable websites by detecting and removing malicious requests and stopping hack attempts.
- Concentrates on attack targeting applications, such as WordPress, plugins, Drupal and Joomla, etc.
Comodo Cyber Security Operations Center – CSOC
Certified security analysts run the CSOC. They monitor, analyze, and defend websites, applications, databases, data centers, networks, and desktops. The CSOC detects and analyzes threats, then takes the necessary steps to ensure the highest security. The CSOC can also be used to increase the capabilities of an IT department to protect websites, applications, and networks and to manage complex security incidents investigations.
- Blacklist repair
- Real-time event monitoring
- Management and response to incidents
- Expert tuning and configuration management
- Compliance with PCI and vulnerability scans
- Continuous policy and prevention update
- Fully managed WAF
- Analysis and threat investigations
- Risk assessment reports
- A team of security analysts certified in providing round-the-clock monitoring
- Suspected application engineering and reverse malware
Comodo Secure Content Delivery Network (CDN)
This secure CDN is a global network of servers that are distributed worldwide. It was specifically designed to improve the performance of web apps by distributing content from the nearest server to the user.
- Besides increasing search rankings, Comodo’s CDN is considered to be the only web services platform that has been built on security along with a fortified machine learning core capable of aggregating, examining, and syndicating real-time threat data both to and from each of Comodo’s secure services.
- CDN will serve content with virtually unlimited capacity and traffic can automatically scale up or down.
- To save bandwidth and money, you can use compression and browser caching technology.
- Website information is copied to 29 locations around the globe, ensuring that it travels shorter distances to reach customers no matter where they live and providing a faster experience.
This allows the cWatch Web Security Solution to provide online merchants, business owners, and other service providers who handle credit cards online with an automated, simple way to comply with the PCI DSS.
- Additional software licenses are not required
- Potential for global scale
- Potential to scan the entire network of an organization
- All applications can be managed centrally to ensure consistent policies
- Send compliance status reports directly to banks, either manually or automatically
- Quickly fix your weaknesses with detailed instructions and verified patches
- Complete reporting capabilities
Malware Detection, Prevention Methods, and Removal Services
This service allows organizations to take a proactive approach to protect their brand and business from malware attacks.
- Instant alerts and remediation steps
- Rapidly detects and removes malware
- Automated behavioral analysis for zero-day malware detection
- Scheduled and on-demand scans are available. They can be unlimited
- Advanced analytics combined with human expertise are integrated
- Reporting capabilities in all formats, including HTML and PDF
- By quarantine management of identified threats, malware is blocked from reaching the network.
Protection against the OWASP Top Ten
Comodo cWatch Web protects against the OWASP Top 10, which includes:
- SQL Injection
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Sensitive data exposure
- Access Control for Function Levels Missing
- Components that have been identified as vulnerable
- Security Misconfiguration
- Direct Object References that are Insecure
- Broken Authentication and Session Administration
- Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Forwards and redirects that are not valid