The world is currently in the midst of the technological era and the century when convenience is number one. As a society, with the help of the recent global pandemic, people have seen how easy it is for them to conduct most of their business transactions from home or the lunchroom during a break at work. Consumers want to be able to get an insurance policy without having to set up an appointment or wait in line until the next agent is available.
That is the great thing about the innovative and groundbreaking technology currently flooding the market. It makes it possible for the insurance industry to follow along with the rest of the world, leaning more toward online business platforms and less towards brick-and-mortar locations.
With that in mind, let’s dive in head first and check out some of the top tech trends that will continue to transform the insurance industry and everyone with a policy.
- Use Of AI Systems – The use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems used to be something that science fiction writers would include in their stories, but thankfully many of those stories have not come true. However, using AI systems to run a business is no longer fiction because it occurs every day. Insurance companies have shifted towards online business transactions by using a platform that is driven, and controlled, by AI systems that can process applications, give a response, and finalize contracts all within a matter of minutes.
- Better Connectivity – It will continue to be more accessible than ever to reach out to the insurance carrier you are considering or are already going through for all your insurance needs, such as a health policy or iSelect income protection insurance.
- Automation – More than likely, by now, you have at least received a quote from an online comparison site. That is one part of automation; getting an instant quote from numerous insurance carriers within minutes of inputting your information. Plus, it will continue to be easier to finalize contracts, make payments, and receive payouts with a couple of keystrokes and a click or two.
- Better Risk Management – For the insurance company, risk management can be one of the most complex parts of offering a policy to a client. That is not the case anymore because all the information that will need to be collected, and confirmed, will all be connected through IoT and Blockchain, allowing the AI-driven platform the ability to offer an accurate risk assessment almost immediately, giving the client a policy offer that truly reflects their level of risk for the carrier.
- Chatbots – As an insurance company client, you can reach out with questions or claims anytime, day or night. The interactive chatbots are always available and are designed to take your information, comprehend what you are asking, and answer your issues within a minute or two. This makes it easy for consumers like you to reach their insurance carrier whenever the need arises because you all know that things happen when regular business hours are over.
Technological trends will continue to drive the insurance industry into the future, creating a better way for consumers like you to obtain and monitor any type of policy you need. Plus, once the IoT and Blockchain connect worldwide within the industry, it will be a process so simple that even a young child could do it. That may seem like a far-fetched dream, but the world is closer to this point of connectivity than most people realize.
Soon, you will be able to get your insurance coverage from a company across the seas and not have to worry about whether they are a trustworthy company to go through. It will become your choice of where you spend your money and who you trust with all your private financial information.