Hacked Website Repair
Websites are susceptible to security risks. A popular attack on websites involves the silent, concealed installation of code capable of exploiting browsers. These attacks do not target your website. There are thousands of compromised websites. These website owners have no idea that something has been done to their websites and that their visitors may be at risk. Site visitors are also being attacked. Successful attacks include those that inject offensive code onto their computers. Let’s take a look at some reasons hackers attack websites and create hack scenarios.
What are Hackers Looking for?
- To Steal money: This is the main reason hackers attack websites. Online banking has made hacker life much easier. These hackers just need to be aware of security holes in these websites. They almost become the owners of the money once they have them.
- To Steal Value Information: Hackers not only aim to steal money but also seek out personal information. Identity theft is when hackers can steal your identity to their advantage. They can use your credit card information to steal your identity and obtain your Social Security Number to open credit lines, drain your accounts, or frame others.
- To Get Attention: Hackers attack websites to get attention, boredom, or simply to get noticed. This type of hacking is sometimes beneficial because it exposes vulnerabilities in online security and allows for a more robust system.
- To Interrupt Service – Hackers sometimes target websites in an attempt to shut down or render a website unusable. Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS), attacks are a great way to disrupt the services provided by web servers. These attacks involve hackers taking control of several computers to then use them to ping one specific webserver to overload it, ultimately shutting down the site.
Simple Tips to Fix Your Site
- Change your passwords
You should immediately change your passwords if you are experiencing a website hacking issue.
- Restore from Backup
You can upload a backup copy of your website and database to your hosting account if it is not corrupted.
- Removing the hack
We recommend Comodo cWatch is a Managed Security Service that protects websites and applications. It will remove any malware from your files. It detects and provides tools and methods to remove malware and prevent future attacks.
- Identify and correct the weaknesses
You must first determine how the site was compromised to prevent hackers from further hacking. There are two types: passwords and structural weaknesses.
The attacker can guess your password using brute force, which is the most common reason for hacks. You can prevent these hacks from happening again by changing your password.
These weaknesses need to be identified by detailed testing. Although many security software packages can perform these types of scans, we recommend Comodo cWatch. It has an advanced analytics-driven Security Information and Event Management process (SIEM), which scans and detects malware embedded within applications and processes vulnerability information from the web, network, and application vulnerability scanners.
Comodo cWatch can help you fix your website
Comodo’s cWatch Web Managed Security Services can be purchased in a complete security stack that allows customers to improve their security, detect and respond faster to issues, and lower their operational costs.
The following features are available from Comodo cWatch Web:
- Malware Monitoring & Remediation
It identifies malware and provides methods and tools for its removal.
- Cyber Security Operations Center
Your cybersecurity experts are available 24/7 to provide surveillance and remediation services.
- Web Application Firewall
Websites and web apps with enhanced security, filtering, and intrusion protection offer superior, real-time edge defense
- PCI Scanning
Allows merchants and service providers to remain in compliance with PCI-DSS
- Security Information and Event Management
Enhance intelligence by leveraging data and events from over 85M endpoints and over 100M domains
- Secure Content Delivery Network
A global network of distributed servers is used to increase the performance of websites and web applications.