Top 7 Most Powerful Vulnerability Assessment Scanning Tools in 2021
Best Vulnerability Assessment Tools
Netsparker is an automated scanner that identifies vulnerabilities in web applications and web APIs, such as SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting.
The identified vulnerabilities are uniquely verified by Netsparker, proving they are real and not false positives. Therefore, once a scan is completed, you don’t have to waste hours manually verifying the identified vulnerabilities. It is available as a software program for Windows and as an online service.
Acunetix is a fully automated web vulnerability scanner that detects over 4,500 web application vulnerabilities, including all SQL Injection and XSS variants, and reports on them.
It bakes features right into its core in advanced vulnerability management, prioritizing risks based on data through a single, consolidated view, and integrating the results of the scanner into other tools and platforms.
As soon as new vulnerabilities are released, Intruder is a proactive vulnerability scanner that scans you. Moreover, it has more than 10,000 historical security checks, including WannaCry, Heartbleed, and SQL Injection.
Slack and Jira integrations help notify development teams when newly discovered problems need to be fixed, and AWS integration means you can scan your IP addresses for synchronization.
The Intruder is popular with startups and medium-sized enterprises as it makes it easier for small teams to manage vulnerabilities.
4) SolarWinds Network Vulnerability Detection
With its Network Configuration Manager, SolarWinds provides Network Vulnerability Detection. Its capabilities for network automation will quickly deploy firmware updates to network devices.
It has features to track, manage, and protect network configurations. The instrument will simplify and enhance compliance with the network.
The Network Configuration Manager will provide alerts for configuration changes. To find out the configurations that make the device non-compliant, it performs a constant audit. It will allow you to make backups of the configuration that will help you monitor the changes to the configuration.
The software can provide details of the modifications made in the configurations and the login ID through which these modifications are made. This will assist with quicker disaster recovery. The price starts at $3085 for the solution. For 30 days, it offers a fully functional free trial.
Company Name: Indusface
AppTrana: Indusface WAS is an automated vulnerability scanner for web applications which detects and reports vulnerabilities based on the top 10 of OWASP.
The company is headquartered in India with offices in Bengaluru, Vadodara, Mumbai, Delhi, and San Francisco, and its services are used worldwide by 1100+ clients in 25+ countries.
- New age crawler to scan single page applications.
- Pause and resume feature
- Additional Manual Penetration testing and publish the report in the same dashboard
- Proof of concept request to provide evidence of reported vulnerability and eliminate false positive
- Optional integration with the Indusface WAF to provide instant virtual patching with Zero False positive
- Ability to automatically expand crawl coverage based on real traffic data from the WAF systems (in case WAF is subscribed and used)
- 24×7 support to discuss remediation guidelines and POC
- Free trial with a comprehensive single scan and no credit card required
- We may come to the conclusion, from the name itself, that this application is an open source tool. OpenVAS acts as a core service and provides both vulnerability scanning and vulnerability management tools.
- OpenVAS programs are cost-free and licensed under the GNU General Public License in general (GPL)
- Diverse operating systems are provided by OpenVAS
- The OpenVAS scan engine is periodically upgraded with Network Vulnerability Checks.
- The OpenVAS scanner is a full vulnerability evaluation tool which is used to identify security issues on servers and other network equipment.
You can visit the official website from here and download this tool.
7) Nexpose Community
Rapid7 uses the Nexpose vulnerability detector, which is an open source tool, to search vulnerabilities and run numerous network tests.
- Nexpose is used in real-time to track risk exposure and familiarize itself with emerging hazards with new data.
- Generally speaking, most susceptibility scanners identify the threats on a high or medium or low scale.
- Nexpose takes into account the age of the flaw, such as which malware package is included in it, what benefits it uses, etc., and addresses the problem depending on its importance.
- Nexpose detects and scans new devices automatically and evaluates vulnerabilities as they reach the network.
With a Metaspoilt system, Nexpose can be combined with