What is Web Application Security?
Web App Protection
What is a Web Application?
The following is how web applications work:
- A web application is accessed by a user via a mobile app or web browser. This activates a request to the server over the Internet.
- The web app server completes the requested task (processing data or asking about the database).
- The web app server generates then the results of the requested data.
- The web server provides the requested information to clients (mobile device or tablet, desktop, etc.).
- The information is displayed on the user’s screen.
Web Applications Security Benefits for a Business
Here are some key benefits of using web applications for your business:
- Accessible from anywhere
Web applications can be accessed from any computer with an Internet connection, unlike desktop or client-server apps. To access the web app, the user decides which machine to use.
- Information can be easily shared between computer systems
It is possible to achieve a higher level of data sharing between applications using common internet technologies that are based on industry standards. When compared to the process to get two isolated desktop systems to communicate, it is much easier to integrate an online shopping app with a web-based financial application.
- Installation and maintenance are quick and easy
It is easy to install and maintain web applications. All users can access the new version immediately after it is installed or upgraded on the host server. This eliminates the need to upgrade each client’s computer. Because the upgrade is only done by an expert professional, it’s more reliable and predictable.
- Direct access
Web applications will give users direct access to the latest information no matter where they are located. These data are always updated.
- It is cost-effective for users can access web-based applications through a single environment. The user interface with the system is seamless. Web applications will only need to be tested on different web browsers. It is not necessary to test the application on every possible version and configuration of operating systems. This makes it much easier to develop and troubleshoot.
- It can be easily customized
Web-based applications are much easier to customize than desktop applications. This makes it easier to update the application and also allows for a new and exciting way to present data.
Most web-based applications are installed on dedicated web servers that can be managed by an IT professional. This eliminates the need to maintain multiple client computers. It is also possible to implement secured connections, thus guaranteeing the protection of all sensitive/confidential company data. It is easy to back up the data and it is more secure because it is centrally located.
How does Web App Protection work?
Comodo’s cWatch Web is a Managed Security Service that protects web applications and websites. The combination of a Web Application Firewall and a Secure Content Delivery Network (CDN) is what makes this website security tool possible. The solution is managed by a Cyber Security Operation Center (CSOC), staffed 24/7, of certified security analysts. It also features a Web Application Firewall (WAF) provisioned over a Secure Content Delivery Network (CDN). Security Information and Event Management is (SIEM) powered by a Security Information and Event Management system (SIEM) which can leverage data from more than 85 million endpoints to help detect and mitigate potential threats before they happen.
It provides web application security tools that provide the best protection through its malware detection scanning, preventive measures, and removal services. Online merchants, businesses, and other service providers who handle credit cards online can also scan for vulnerabilities. This is an easy and automated way to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, (PCI DSS).
Get the best web application protection services from Web
- Web Application Firewall (WAF). This edge protection is powerful and real-time, ideal for websites and web applications. It provides enhanced security, filtering, and intrusion prevention.Key benefits
- Zero-day immediate response
- Prevention of malicious bots and brute force
- Distributed denials of service protection
- Hacks and attacks on websites must be stopped
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).Advanced intelligence that leverages existing events and data from over 85M+ domains and 100M+ endpoints.Key benefits
- Logs and events are collected from operating systems, applications and databases, network assets and web assets, security devices, and identity and access management software.
- Performs instant event normalization, the correlation for threat detection, and compliance reporting
- Tracks major threats and incidents, and provides links to supporting data and context to aid in the investigation
- Performs flow and event data searches on both a historical or real-time basis.
- PCI ScanningThis scanner allows merchants and service providers to remain in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, (PCI DSS).Key benefits
- Potential for global scale
- Full reporting capabilities
- It is easy to become and stay PCI compliant.
- Potential to scan the entire network of an organization
- Additional software licenses are not necessary
- Centralized management to ensure consistency across applications
- Rapidly fix vulnerabilities using detailed instructions and verified patches
- Banks can receive compliance status reports manually or automatically.
- Secure Content Delivery Network (CDN). Comodo’s secure CDN, a network of worldwide distributed servers, is designed to improve the performance of web apps and websites. It distributes content from the nearest server to the user. This has been proven to increase search engine rankings.Key benefits
- This web service platform is the only one that focuses on security and includes a machine learning core fortified to be able to aggregate, analyze and syndicate real-time threat data between and within each of Comodo’s secure services.
- The server will not be affected by unexpected traffic surges, since the CDN can maintain optimal speed even under difficult conditions.
- Proxy authentication and flexible key authentication are available to help protect premium/paid content and prevent hot-linking.
- Malware Monitoring and Resolution: This protection allows organizations to take a proactive approach to protect their brand and business reputation from malware attacks.Key benefits
- Websites are scanned daily to detect and remove any malware. These scans are accompanied by detailed reports.
- Comodo’s security analysts will also conduct a detailed analysis to determine the root cause of the detection. This will allow organizations to identify which files, processes, and registry keys were affected by the malware, so they can minimize downtime.
- Threats can be stopped before they reach an organization’s network. This feature provides early warnings and indicators to help identify and block new threats, delivery methods, and zero-day vulnerabilities.
- Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC). An entire team of certified cybersecurity professionals is available round the clock to provide surveillance and remediation services.Key benefits
- Regular policy and prevention updates
- Blacklist repair
- Fully managed WAF
- Analysis and threat investigations
- Risk assessment reports
- Compliance with PCI and vulnerability scans
- Real-time event monitoring
- Management and response to incidents
- Expert tuning and configuration management
- Suspected application engineering and reverse malware
- A team of security analysts certified in 24x7x365 surveillance