How businesses need an efficient web scanner
Hacking attacks on the web are spreading to all corners of the globe. No matter how small or large your business, hackers can always get in. Because most people these days live an online lifestyle, they can pay their bills, shop, deposit money, and update their personal information on baking websites, among other things. Hackers can easily access these activities if they are not protected online. Hackers are easily attracted to web-based vulnerabilities. They will exploit these weaknesses to their full potential to achieve their main purpose. When an attack is carried out on a company, it can have more severe consequences. These attacks can have serious consequences, as the whole business could be wiped out or suffer major losses.
Online Website Scanner
Installing a website scanner is one of the most effective ways to protect yourself from attacks. These scanners run in the background and detect vulnerabilities and malware instantly. Not all scanners are created equal. External malware scanners crawl every page of a website to find malicious scripts or links. While the internal scanners download the source code of a website and inspect each line for malicious code signatures, the internal scanners scan it. Our penetration testing scanners can also manipulate URLs and forms to try to exploit vulnerabilities in code.
This article will discuss the main benefits of using a Web scanner. It will also talk about the types of threats that a scanner can stop to provide a safe and smooth online experience for your business and protect all of your vital data.
6 Benefits of Online Web Scans
- Automated remediation of known threats
- Receive notifications when malware is detected
- Keep your information secure and prevent your website from being blacklisted
- To ensure complete visibility of site changes, monitor FTP and file modification
- By probing your website for potential vulnerabilities, you can protect your database against SQL injections
- To ensure network security, you can verify the ports on your server so that only authorized visitors have access to your website
A web scanner online that is efficient should be capable of detecting common vulnerabilities such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, authentication attacks, and denial-of-service attacks.
- Cross-site scripting (XSS: This attack involves the hacker inserting malicious data into an active, trusted webpage. The malicious code is usually sent as a browser-side script to another end-user. Because the browser cannot know whether the script is trusted, it executes the script. If the script is trusted, the malicious script can access any session tokens or cookies that are stored by the browser to be used with the website.
- SQL injection: These attacks can be staged via malicious SQL commands sent to database servers via web requests. These malicious commands can be sent via all input channels, including web requests. elements, cookies, files, and query strings. SQL injection attacks have caused major damage to businesses and websites alike. People lose their password lists and credit card details etc. because of SQL injection vulnerabilities. Remember that with just one simple browser, attackers will be able to manipulate your website and make attempts to inject their own commands into your SQL database.
- Authentication attacks An attacker can break into your website by convincing the application that the user is valid. An attacker gains all privileges that have been granted to the user by the administrator. This means that an attacker who enters the system as a normal user may only have limited access to view vital data. Another scenario is where the attacker enters the system as an administrator user with global access. The attacker will be able to control the entire application and its contents.
- DoS If you flood a website with traffic beyond its capacity, it will overload the server and make it impossible for it to deliver the content to the visitors. Multiple computers can execute DoS attacks simultaneously. This is known as Distributed Denial-of-Service Attacks (DDoS). This type of attack is very difficult to defeat because the attacker can appear from multiple IP addresses around the globe simultaneously. It will be difficult for network administrators to identify the source of the attack.
Companies must be careful when purchasing a Web scanner. Poor scans can harm your website’s ability to do business. Undesigned vulnerability tests can spam your inbox with test emails and cause problems for your website’s performance due to excessive load. Comodo offers cWatch Web, a managed security service that provides all of the necessary security features to protect your business.
Use cWatch Online to Find Website Security Problems
Comodo, a cybersecurity company has been building trust online for many years. Comodo has been a key player in the SSL certificate market and is now a leading provider of website security via its cWatch Web solution. Comodo cWatch offers a free website scanner tool called, the cWatch Site Score Scanner (https://cwatch.comodo.com/sitescanner/). This tool will give you a detailed report on scan results based on the complexity of your website within a matter of minutes. This website scanner tool gives insight into six categories.
Displays vulnerabilities in CMS
- Web Application Risques:
This graphic shows the potential risks that your website might be exposed
States whether it has detected malware on the website and if malware has infected it.
- Content Security:
Displays of questionable content, such as links and iframes
- Security Risks from HTTP:
Any issues with HTTP
This displays the website’s reputation using factors such as whether it has been blacklisted and whether it has an SSL certificate.
Comodo Website Scanner for Vulnerability
Other key web security features offered in cWatch include
- Malware Monitoring & Remediation
Comodo cWatch is a web security tool that can detect and remove malware.
- Web Application Firewall
The cWatchWAF is a powerful edge protection tool that can be used on websites and web applications. It provides advanced security, intrusion protection, and filtering.
- Security Information and Event Management
Advanced intelligence can influence events and data existing from 85M+ endpoints, 100M+ domains
- PCI Scanning
This scanner allows merchants and service providers to remain in compliance with PCI DSS
- Secure Content Distribution Network (CDN)
A global network of distributed servers that can improve the performance of web applications and websites.
- Cyber Security Operations Center
An entire team of certified cybersecurity professionals is available round the clock to provide surveillance and remediation services.