How to clean a hacked WordPress website?
Your WordPress Site was hacked! You are not the only one. We’ve spent a lot of time helping WordPress administrators fix hacked sites.
It is possible to clean and fix your WordPress Site so that it can start up again. If you’re thinking of switching to Drupal or Joomla, be aware that these platforms can also be hacked. It is also more important to thoroughly clean up a hacker site to stop repeat offenders from spreading malware.
You can check if WordPress has been hacked
First, determine if your WordPress site has been hacked. Then fix it. Here are some helpful tips to help you clean your hacked WordPress site. Although this is not intended to be a comprehensive guide, the following steps should resolve 60% of the problems.
How can I remove malware from my WordPress site?
Hacked WordPress Site: Signs and symptoms To determine if your WordPress site has been hacked, follow these simple steps
- Before you get to the bottom of the problem, confirm that your WordPress Site is not being attacked. These are some of the most common signs that your WordPress site has been compromised or hacked.
- Browsers will block your website and warn you about malware infection.
- Malicious activity can cause your website to be suspended
- Browser behavior is abnormal when your website is displayed
- Foreign code is detected on your website. This code may not have been added by you. Files have been altered to affect core integrity
- Blacklist warnings are displayed by search engines
- Sudden Drop in Website Traffic
- Add irrelevant links to your website
- The Homepage has been Defaced
- WordPress is not available for you to log in
- WordPress: Shady User Accounts
- Your Server Can Support Foreign Files and Scripts
- Website is often slow or unresponsive
- Unknown Scheduled Tasks
- Server Logs show unusual activity
- Popup ads on your website
- Hijacked Search Results
WordPress can be hacked if your site shows any of these symptoms.
How to Fix a Hacked WordPress Website?
Website owners are asked to follow the steps below to identify and fix the WordPress hack.
- Scan your website using the Comodo Web Inspector tool
- Install Comodo cWatch Web Security
How to remove malicious code from WordPress
These steps will help you fix a hacked WordPress site quickly.
Even if your website has an automatic backup, you should still perform a manual backup. This backup will let you analyze the source of the infection. You should be aware that the database size can impact the download time. If you are unable to log in, the WordPress backup plugin may be a good option. If the problem persists, likely, hackers have successfully compromised your database. You may need to seek professional help.
2. Scan your website using the Comodo Web Inspector tool
Hackers send malicious attachments and links to emails. Attractive advertisements and offers often lure website administrators and owners. Trojan Virus infects websites when they click on links or open attachments.
Website scanning is an important part of website maintenance. It helps websites stay ahead of attacks. Comodo Web Inspector provides a website blacklist and malware monitoring service. The account owner will be notified immediately by email if a trojan is detected on the website, or if it’s discovered using one of the many website blacklisting services.
This advanced tool utilizes cloud-based malware scanning technology to scan your website, inspect the content and detect any malware. Comodo Web Inspector detects malware using multiple technologies, including signature-based detection, buffer overload detection, and heuristic detection.
In just 3 steps, scan your website for viruses using the Comodo Web Inspector WordPress virus removal tool. Type the website address in the space provided, click on the Start Scan and get the website’s vulnerability report in few minutes. Start scanning your website today for free!
3. Install Comodo cWatch Web Security
Next, download Comodo cWatch Web Security. Comodo provides a 30-day trial license to allow you to test the product.
Low Cost – At Comodo, we handle all aspects of security incident investigation and monitoring, whether you are in the cloud, on-premises, or hybrid environment. Avoid the expensive investment in training and hiring an internal security team.
Managed security, delivered as-a-service – with our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution, there isn’t any complex implementation or maintenance-just the latest security technology and Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)-certified analysts working for you.
Security expertise to speed recovery – Improve your security and recover faster from breaches and compromises with dedicated assistance from security experts.
Comodo Web Security offers a cloud-based, fully managed security solution. It features a strong web application firewall that will protect against advanced threats such as SQL Injection, Denial-of-Service, and Cross-Site Scripting attacks. It also prevents application targeting attacks, such as attacks against Joomla and WordPress websites.
Add the WordPress website hackedClick on the link to “Add Websites”. Select the HTTP protocol and enter the details of the certificate. Complete the configuration.
The dashboard will now show the additional websites/domains. You will also see the risk level for each domain.
Now, configure your domain to allow cWatch scanning
- Upload the.php file mentioned above to your website
- cWatch will access the file from this location and begin scanning the files.WordPress website hack
- You can opt to have all malware threats automatically removed by certified experts at Comodo Cyber Security Operation Center.
- The vulnerability information found on your website will be displayed by the cWatch scan. This will enable you to fix the issues and protect your website from future hacks.
- Blacklist warnings are displayed by search engines
To find out more about hacking, you can ask CSOC experts for help in analyzing your logs.
Request to Revoke Suspension
If you are interested in a WordPress Site HackIf your Hosting Company has suspended your head, contact them to lift the suspension.
- All plug-ins, themes, and plugins that you have installed must be updated. Only the theme you have installed must be displayed on your website. Unused WordPress themes, plugins, and installations should be deleted. Only keep what you need.
- Remove user profiles that are not being used. Only one administrator role is required.
- Hosting your website with shared hosting providers is a bad idea. Hacking your website could be possible if other websites are compromised on the same server.
Once you have chosen managed security services from Comodo cWatch, Website SecurityYourWordPress website hackGets fixed and remains completely protected against hacking/cyberattacks
The Comodo Web Security, also known as the Comodo CWatch Web Security, is a web security tool that protects your web server and web applications from the increasing sophistication of hackers. Comprehensive website security solutions provide proactive defense measures, immediate remediation, and early detection. We hope that you now know if your website security solution is “complete” and can help you determine if it is. How to Hack WordPress SiteIt.